Liberty Records was founded in the USA in 1955 by Simon Waronker. Liberty established a London office in 1967, signing artists such as Bonzo Dog Band and Family. In 1968 it was purchased (along with other labels previously purchased by Liberty such as Blue Note, Imperial, Dolnet, Aladdin and Minit) by Transamerica Corporation (which already owned United Artists Records). By 1971 all artists were transferred onto the United Artists label and Liberty ceased to exist until 1980 when it was revived by EMI and used to reissue back catalogues from United Artists, Liberty and Imperial. EMI acquired the Liberty label in 1979 following a forfeited loan agreement.
Major artists and collectable LPs on the label (originally 2-tone blue, before changing to a black variant in 1970) include Hawkwind, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation, The Groundhogs and Roy Harper.
- LBS 83120 – The Sunshine Company
- LBS 83122 – The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- LBS 83212 – Hapshash And The Coloured Coat
- LBS 83257 – The Bonzo Dog Band
- LBS 83259 – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- LBS 83261 – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- LBS 83303 – Canned Heat
- LDL 84001 – Canned Heat
- LBX3 – Various
- LBS 83338 – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- LBS 83348 – Hawkwind
- LBS 83388 – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- LSP101 – Amon Düül II