Another update to the Atlantic ‘red/plum’ section is this original UK 1st pressing from Yes. Click here to go to the page.
This is a new addition to the collection that whilst not especially rare, is still fairly hard to find in good condition complete with the original booklet insert. Sadly my copy has been sellotaped into the gatefold sleeve so I’m keeping my eyes open for a better one! This LP is much more common on the green and orange Atlantic labels so below are a few things to note when looking for a complete original (just in case sleeves get swapped etc!)
Things to note on the original copy:
1. Inner gatefold has a matt finish (similar stock to the inner sleeve on Led Zeppelin’s 4th untitled album) and features the catalogue number 2401 019 on the inside
2. Sleeve is printed by MacNeill Press Ltd, London and is credited as such on the inner gatefold
3. Spine features the catalogue number 2401 019
4. Labels are of course the distinctive ‘red/plum’ – note the catalogue number 2401019 is unbroken on the label and yet features a space between 2401 and 019 on the sleeve…
5. Insert should be stapled and should be glued in to the inner gatefold – not mangled with sellotape like mine! (eBay here we come…!)